Grandparents day 2020
The origins of Grandparents Day go back to 1956 and a West Virginia mother named Marian McQuade. While helping to create a community celebration for those over 80, she became aware of the many nursing home residents who were omitted by their families. She required a holiday to bring attention to these forgotten selves and to honor all grandparents. In 1973, West Virginia became the first state to have such a day. McQuade and others then moved their energies to the national level, achieving success in 1978.
This year, give a little joy by buying a great gift idea for one of your grandparents. An ethnic gift will make you smile and restore positive envy. Here are our ideas for celebrating this extraordinary day.
- Boho wall tapestry home decoration
- Cute beaded bracelets boho special quartzs
- Chinese porcelain handmade vase
- Chinese Jingdezhen Ceramic Egg Home decoration
- Qin Terracotta Army Warriors decoration statue