African Wedding Jewelry Emerald Ring Pendant Earrings25073208-red-set-40cm €49,00
- Main Stone: Metal
- Metals Type: Copper Alloy
- Jewelry Sets Type: Necklace + Earrings
- Gender: Women
- Weight: 166 g
- Shape \ pattern: Geometric
- Culture & Tradition: Africa ( More ideas on our African Shop )
- FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
- Delivery: Epacket ( Pretty well-packaged cardboard )
- Back to the homepage and find more gift idea for mother
Short Story of African Jewelry
African Jewelry assumes many forms and has a number of functions besides bodily adornment. It can be the storage of wealth; amassing gold or precious metals or stones in bracelets and amulets, or it can be a symbol of prestige and power reflecting rank in society… or it can just clearly be a decorative thing used to hold hair back.
The oldest African jewelry ever found was recently found, in 2004, in the Blombos cave on the southern tip of S. Africa. They are estimated at being over 75 000 years old and are pea-sized, mollusc shell beads that had been pierced. They have worn areas indicating that they were presumably once strung into a necklace or bracelet.