Antique World Map Tapestry13426456-55cm-x-78cm $ 53.00 USD
A world map is a map of most or all of the surface of the Earth.
This world map tapestry is extremely original and represents all continents, so as to embellish your home with a key element of Western culture. It will be the best effect in the living room or in your room for a baroque touch.
- Material : Polyester / Cotton
- Pattern: Embroidered
- Style: Dobby
- Technics: Woven
- Cleaning Type: Other, Hand Wash
- Pattern Type: Geometric World Map
- Culture: Western ( More gift ideas on our Western Ethnic Shop)
- FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
- Delivery: Epacket ( Pretty well-packaged cardboard )
- Back to the homepage and find more personal gift idea
The earliest known world maps date to classical antiquity, the oldest examples of the 6th to 5th centuries BCE still based on the flat Earth paradigm. World maps assuming a spherical Earth first appear in the Hellenistic period.
The developments of Greek geography during this time, notably by Eratosthenes and Posidonius culminated in the Roman era, with Ptolemy's world map (2nd century CE), which would remain authoritative throughout the Middle Ages.
Before / After buying our Antique World map tapestry, if you have the moment, go check out our informative videos, always below the brief history of the tradition.